The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is the nation's largest, most successful, and most bipartisan political action committee. Your voluntary investment is used to improve your bottom line in several ways: Through issues mobilization, political advocacy, and by directly supporting candidates at the local, state, and federal levels of government who champion the ideals and principles of REALTORS®. RPAC is your best investment in real estate!
What's in it for you?
RPAC provides you with the opportunity to have a collective impact on the election of officials who will shape legislation that affects your livelihood and the way real estate professionals do business.
Where does your RPAC investment go?
One hundred percent of your investment is used to help elect candidates for public office that share the ideals and principles of REALTORS®. Seventy percent of your RPAC investment is used in state and local elections. The remaining 30 percent is used by National RPAC in key U.S. House and Senate races across the country. RPAC is neither a Republican nor a Democratic organization. In fact, RPAC is the most bipartisan political action committee in the nation.
How does your RPAC investment pay off?
Your RPAC investment pays off with every political victory:
- Protecting REALTORS® from prosecution for the unauthorized practice of law for advice regarding clients' contracts is invaluable.
- Permanently prohibiting banking conglomerates from providing real estate brokerage and property management services saves the average REALTOR® $5,400 annually.
- Raising the conforming mortgage loan limits for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac increased the earnings of the typical REALTOR® by $6,250.
- Preserving Mortgage Interest Deduction protects $8,800 in annual commission for the average REALTOR®.
- Blocking a 6% state tax on real estate commissions saved the average member $2,300 every year.
- Preserving the federal income tax deduction for property taxes protects $2,500 of annual income for the average REALTOR®.
- Expanding REALTORS® banking options for client funds by eliminating the requirement that funds be held in a checking account makes doing business more convenient.
- Preventing cities and counties in Georgia from charging individual agents a business license fee saves you more than $200 per jurisdiction in which you do business each year.
Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS®, the Georgia Association of REALTORS®, or the Greater Rome Board of REALTORS® will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed. 70% of each contribution is used by GARPAC to support state and local candidates. Until GARPAC reaches its RPAC goal, 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a; after GARPAC reaches its RPAC goal, it may elect to retain your entire contribution for use in supporting state and local candidates.