The Greater Rome Board of REALTORS® offers the following awards each year to its membership: Hall of Fame Award, Humanitarian Award and REALTOR® of the Year. Please use the links to the right to download nomination forms.
Hall of Fame Award
A panel of past Hall of Fame recipients and the Immediate Past-President of the Board will pick the Hall of Fame recipient. Members must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- A minimum of 20 years in the real estate business.
- Service to local Board (30 points)
- Served on State or National Committee (15 points)
- Civic activity in the past 20 years (30 points)
- Education, experience and accomplishments (25 points)
Any member may submit a candidate's name and letter of recommendation. The Hall of Fame aware is considered the most meaningful award.
The criteria that a member must meet to be eligible is as follows:
- Activity not related to the real estate profession.
- Must be a current member (REALTOR® or Affiliate) in good standing of the Greater Rome Board of REALTORS®.
- Nominee's humanitarian efforts should involve any charitable organization, community service activity, volunteering in civic, school and or church involvement.
- Period of consideration: January 1st of current year through November 30th.
All nominations must be in writing and must be specific as to reason why this member should be considered for the award.
The President's Award is personally selected by the President of the Board and is given to the member for outstanding service and contributions to the real estate industry going far beyond any particular assignment. The recipient is recognized for his/her dedication and sharing of time and experience with others, all of which benefit the Board and it's membership.
REALTOR® of the Year Award
Candidate must hold REALTOR® membership in a Board of REALTORS® from January 1st to December 31st of the previous year (the qualifying period) and be a member of the Greater Rome Board of REALTORS® at the time of nomination. The REALTOR of the Year award will be given based on the point system outlined below and based on educational achievement, ethics, REALTOR® spirit, local and state association activity, national level activity, and civic activity. Any REALTOR® member of the Board may nominate or be nominated. All nominees should be submitted on the nomination form.
- REALTOR® Spirit (20 points)
- Local Board (20 points)
- GAR Activity (10 points)
- NAR Activity (5 points)
- Civic Activity (20 points)
- Education Experience (20 points)
- Business Accomplishments (5 points)